San Antonio: At the biggest I/O conference, Google made some important announcements regarding the Android updates. As the latest version Android 6.0 Marshmallow was released recently, the announcement were much about the features of Android M.
Below mentioned are a few major announcements made by Google in the I/O conference.
- Less Intimidating App Permissions: In all the previous Android versions, whenever you install a new app, you had to accept lots of permission requests asking you to access your microphone, location, contacts and more. With Android M, it is supposed to be changed. The apps will not ask your permission if and only if they need access to that particular function to provide their service. You can have a look at everything the apps are accessing.
- Chrome in all the apps: In the older versions, when you click on any web link on an app, you either had to load the browser or use the stripped-down web view in the app. But now, Google has come up with something called Chrome Custom Tabs which makes the page load faster by pre-loading certain elements. It has also made it easier for an app to link to other apps. For instance, when you click on a link to tweet something, it opens up the Twitter app directly.
- Better Battery Life: With the phones getting smarter, the battery is getting weaker. So, as an effort to enhance the battery life, Google has introduced a new feature called Doze. Android uses motion detection and puts your device to deep sleep if it is kept inactive for a long time. While the device is in Doze mode, it can still respond to high priority messages and alarms.
- Now on Tap: Google Now is getting smarter day by day and now with Android M, it’s moving to a whole new extent. Now on Tap, a new program which brings up the relevant information by just pressing and holding the home button. For example, when you are on the email app and you receive a mail about any movie, on pressing and holding the home button, you will get complete information about the movie including the reviews, link for trailers, etc.
- New Google Photos: Google already has an app to store your photos and videos. But the new revamped Google Photos allows you to store unlimited number of photos and videos for free. You can group them by locations, organize them as a timeline and do lots of other things. Also, there are new interface tools that allow you to share your photos or to make a collage.
Planning to outsource Android development in San Antonio? You are exactly at the right place. Fortune Innovations is one of the leading web and mobile development firms having significant experience in the sector. Our developers are highly knowledgeable and are capable of providing you the surpassing solutions. Just let us know about your requirements, we’ll proffer you an ideal solution after thoroughly analyzing the requirements.